Banana bread for littles
- 2 bananas, as ripe as you can get ’em
- 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey or other syrupy sweetener)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour (white, whole wheat, or whole wheat pastry flour all work well – but anything other than white will make the bread slightly more tough)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Butter, oil, spray, or other fat for greasing pan
– Heat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan generously with butter, oil, or spray.
– Combine wet ingredients Put peeled bananas into a large bowl and mash as much as possible. Add yogurt, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla and mix thoroughly to combine.
– Combine and add dry ingredients In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined (over-mixing will make the bread tough).
– Bake Spread batter evenly in prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45ish minutes, or until a toothpick/skewer inserted into the center comes out with only a couple of crumbs.
Making ahead/storage: Bread will keep well up to 4 days under a clean kitchen towel at room temperature. Keep in the refrigerator up to 1 week, wrapped snugly in plastic wrap, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.