Miso Broiled Tofu from Abby Garner Siegel
Cut extra firm tofu into triangles, press out as much liquid as possible, schmear with miso sauce (below), and broil on low until brown and bubbly. This sauce is also delicious on eggplant.
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso
- 2 tablespoon almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons hot chili paste
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice.
Thin out with enough neutral oil (e.g. canola, grapeseed) to make it schmear-able.