Spinach-black bean bites for babies
- 6 oz. thawed frozen spinach (or cooked spinach, squeezed)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup grated Parmesan (or other flavorful hard cheese)
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup cooked beans (ours are usually from a pot of dried beans cooked with salt, garlic, onion, etc.)
- Spices of your choice – I usually do a pinch of garlic powder and a tiny tiny bit of cayenne or chili powder. Cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, paprika would all be good choices (among others).
– Heat oven to 375F. Line baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners.
– Combine all ingredients together and either mash really well or process briefly in a food processor to make a thick paste.
– Bake in 1/2″ mounds for 12-15 minutes or until just set.
Storing/freezing: Freeze on a baking sheet or plates and then transfer to a ziploc baggie. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Can be eaten cold, room temperature, or warmed in a toaster oven/regular oven.