Weekend Links, April 7
Currant cream scones, before forming
For the first time since starting these Weekend Links posts, I find myself faced with just one link to share. Not much happening on the internet this week? More likely that I’m being a bit misanthropic. I promise that next week I’ll have better things to share.
But this one could potentially keep you occupied for a while – one writer’s collection of the best food documentaries. Some are a bit dated at this point, but still worth watching. I have some catching up to do!
This week’s meal plan:
- Dinner party – chicken and spare rib paella, honeyed chorizo with pear and bleu cheese/Iberico cheese, spinach/cheese buñuelos
- Clam chowder with bacon
- Pupusas we brought back from LA, plus curtido and El Pato salsa
- Braised pork shank with rice and cabbage
- Banh xeo (Vietnamese rice crepes) with ground pork, mung beans, bean sprouts, and nuoc cham
- Four and Twenty Blackbirds’ black bottom oatmeal pie, via The New Midwestern Table
- Lunches: Ham, homemade ricotta, and roasted red pepper sandwiches on Madison Sourdough poppy millet bread, leftovers
- Breakfasts: French toast, overnight oats